The View 34th Annual Bass Tournament
November 6 - November 7, 2023
- To be eligible for any award, a clear photo/video documentation of the measurement with “tape measure flat on deck”, “closed mouth” to the “pinched tail fork” length, along with a photo of the angler with the fish release must be provided to the scoring committee upon return to the dock.
- Standard Measuring Board/Tape will be provided for each boat. It is required for all boats to use the provided measuring board/Tape for any Stripers to qualify!
- Only release fish will be videotaped and submitted into ReelTimeApp/Tournament Board for review and live scoring.
- Video documentation includes:
- Fish with Angler
- Fish Measured (clear view of all inches from mouth to inner tail fork)
- Show the Release!
- We will post/show a video showing requirements for a Proper Tape and Proper Release of fish. Everything is reviewed live, real time by tournament board.
- To be eligible, for Striped Bass, a clear photo/video documentation of the measurement with tape measure flat on deck, from mouth to the (inside) “curved for” length of tail.
- No Gaffing of stripers, Net Use and Lip Gripper use Only.
- Use of non-offset circle hooks is required when using live or dead bait.
- Anglers can fish from 7am to 1pm. Slot Fish Must Be Gutted Before They Are Weighed
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place longest fish if a tie, 1st fish caught will win. 4th Place heaviest slot fish gutted (no video necessary). Back to the View Restaurant by 1pm.
- Junior 16 years and younger longest fish or heaviest slot fish gutted. Time 7am to 1pm. Boats must be back to weigh fish by 1pm.
- All Anglers must have a Valid & Current NYS Fishing License
- All Anglers must comply with all Coast Guard laws and rules, local laws and New York State DEC fishing regulations.
- Boundaries Moriches Inlet to Tobay Beach out 3 miles. GPS and time in ReelTimeApp. if you are of bounds you will be automatically disqualified.