5th Annual Don Combs Wahoo Round-Up
December 11 - January 30, 2022
- 1. NEFMA Wahoo Challenge will run from Saturday, December 11, 2021 until Sunday, January 30, 2022.
- 2. Each boat will be eligible to fish a maximum of 2 days. The Captain must declare their fishing day no later than 9:00pm the day before by notifying the tournament committee by the Reel Time Fishing App to declare your fishing day.
- 3. The heaviest fish will be the NEFMA Wahoo Challenge Winner.
- 4. Each boat will be eligible to weigh 1 wahoo per day.
- 5. You may leave and return from any inlet of your choice but may not deploy baits outside
of the boundaries. Boundaries are latitude 28.15.000 South and 31.50.000 North. All
Boats must fish within the Atlantic Ocean in US Waters.
- 6. All fish must be weighed in at Beamish Custom Tackle by 5:00pm the
day of fishing (expect Sunday by 12pm) or by 11:00am the next day. No mutilated fish will be accepted. A digital photograph of the fish with the tournament issued boat number is required on the water after the fish has been landed.
- 7. You may fish from 7:00am until 5:00pm. You must return to the inlet of your choice by 8:00pm on your designated fishing day.
- 8. The Captain and Crew of all entrants are subject to a polygraph at any time during the tournament. Winning Captains may be required to submit and pass a polygraph test prior to being presented any prize. Failure to submit to a polygraph test automatically revokes all claims and prizes and disqualifies the Captain and crew from the tournament.
- 9. A maximum of 6 lines are allowed. No electric reels. Wire lines are allowed.
- 10. You may undeclare a fishing day for whatever reason by 8:00am via the Reel Time
Fishing App. if a line has not been deployed. You may substitute a boat once if the
substitute boat is not registered in the tournament.
- 11. Use of flying drones in the tournament is prohibited.
- 12. Only one prize per boat excluding – Tournament-Within-A-Tournament (TWT).
- 13. All decisions by tournament committee are final.
- 14. Entry Fees $350.00 before 11-30-21 and $400.00 after.
- 15. The Captains Meeting – Kickoff Party will be held at the NEFMA Clubhouse at
Camachee Island. 3030 Harbor Drive, St Augustine, FL 32084 on Friday, December
10, 2021 at 5pm.
- 16. Awards Banquet will be held NEFMA Clubhouse at 3030 Harbor Drive, St Augustine, FL
32084 on Saturday, February 5, 2021.
- 17. All declared boats must check in by the Reel Time Fishing App once they are back with
inshore. They must indicate if they have fish to weigh.
- 18. This is a Captain’s Choice Tournament. Each Captain is solely responsible for the safety
of his/her vessel and crew at all times. Captains and crews are responsible for following any federal, state and local fishing or boating laws. We encourage all Captains to heed any weather warnings of dangerous weather conditions, as safety is paramount. It is up to each participant to determine whether their craft is seaworthy for the conditions of any given fishing day.
- 19. You can call or text NEFMA Weigh Master at 904-808-5158 if you are unable to use the Reel Time for checking in or if you have questions.