Buds and Suds Saltwater Challenge December
December 8 - December 11, 2022
***UPDATE - Thursday 4:00pm December 8, 2022*****
DAY 1 – Friday December 9th
TUNA & DORADO JACKPOT DAY
The Tournament Start Time is 7:00am. Boats leave the dock at 6:55am.
Lines out at 3:00pm
The largest single Tuna and the largest single Dorado will win the Jackpot Money.
The weight of the fish will determine the winners.
The total Jackpot money collected will be split evenly between the Tuna & Dorado Jackpot.
Example: $1,500 to enter the jackpot. All 15 boats enter the jackpots there will be $22,500 total.
The biggest tuna caught on Day 1 will win $11,250
The biggest Dorado caught on Day 1 will win $11,250
10% of the money will go directly to the captain/mates of the boat.
Winners will be announced Saturday night at the Awards Ceremony
(Any Billfish caught will not be awarded points for Saturday)
DAY 2 – Saturday December 10th
1 DAY Billfish Tournament
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Awards and Prizes.
1. Monitoring: Each team is provided a score card to register their fish caught.
2. The Tournament Start Time is 7:00am. Boats leave the dock at 6:55am.
3. Lines out at 3:00pm
4. All billfish are catch and release. Each team must be able to provide a video or digital photo (with a date/time stamp) showing a leader touch, clear identification of billfish species, and a clear release of all billfish caught.
5. Teams must hand in their score cards, completed and signed with the species of fish caught and time of catch to a tournament official at the docks no later than 5:00pm for their recorded fish to qualify. (Lines out at 3pm)
6. Anglers may receive assistance from their captain/crew in hooking and landing fish.
This is a fun tournament and it’s perfectly acceptable for crew to hook and assist anglers during the fight.
7. Points are awarded as follows:
Sailfish – 100 points per fish caught. As these species are catch and release, a
“Leader touch” and a video or digital photo with time & date stamp and clear
fish identification is required to verify the catch.
Black/Blue/Striped Marlin – 300 points per fish caught. As these species are
catch and release a “leader touch” and a video or digital photo with time &
date stamp and clear fish identification is required to verify the catch.
*If fish species identification cannot be 100% verified with the video/photo,
the team will be awarded 100 points.
In the event of a tie, the time of the first billfish released will be used to determine the winners.