All captains, anglers, mates and spectators (“Participants”) aboard a "Tournament" registered "Boat" shall be responsible to abide by all Tournament Rules.
- Captain's Choice 1 of 3 Fishing Days: Friday, Saturday or Sunday (May 1 - May 3)
- Boats must declare their Fishing Day prior to 9:00pm the previous day
- Lines In / Out: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- If a Boat hooks a fish prior to Lines Out, they may continue to fight the fish until it is released or boated and have video evidence that they were hooked up prior to Lines Out.
- Boats cannot pass their inlet sea buoy until 4:00am and must return by 9:00pm.
- Boats shall start and end their Trips within the Offshore Cup App and verify by calling one of the following before leaving and upon returning to their inlet sea buoy.
Jeff Crabtree: 904-759-1033
Ted Rosbeck: 508-525-9213
- Boundaries: 31.00 North and 29.00 South. Boats can leave and return to any port within these boundaries and must fish the entire time within these boundaries.
- To score Points, EACH Catch must be Video documented per the following:
1) One continuous uninterrupted video for EACH Catch
2) Identify Fish. Identify each fish as best you can. (TIP: Video as many fins and details to help identify.)
3) Leader & Release. Crew member touching leader or leader/swivel touching rod tip and then continue to show the FULL release, including the hook/line CLEARLY disconnected from the fish. (TIP: Keep video taping for approx. 10 seconds after the release to CLEARLY detail the fish is not connected anymore.)
- Points: Blue Marlin = 400 / White Marlin = 150 / Sailfish = 99
- In the case of any ties, the Team that achieves the winning score first shall determine the winner.
- All fish must be caught on a rod and reel, hook and line.
- No live bait. Circle hook rules apply with dead baits.
- You ARE allowed to pass the rod. Touching of the leader, rod, reel or angler by another participant shall NOT constitute a violation or disqualification.
- Electric reels may only be used for teasers, dredges and planers WITHOUT hooks and NOT for fighting fish.
- There is no weather committee. All Participants are responsible for making their own decisions regarding weather, and do so at their own risk.
- All Teams and Participants consent to the use of any photographs or videos in which Boat or Participant appear for any purpose whatsoever and further releases the Tournament and its officials from any loss, injury or damage that may result therefrom.
- Any Participant who fails to follow any Rules shall subject the Participant and Team to disqualification from the Tournament and any future Tournaments, and shall forfeit any right to any prizes, awards or refunds. All rulings, decisions and interpretations of any Rule are within the sole discretion of the Tournament and final. Tournament Founders, Owners, Committee Members, and Sponsors may be Participants and are eligible for any prizes and/or awards.
ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BOATING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN OFFSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND AGREE WITH AND CONSENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT AND THAT ALL TEAMS, PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND NEXT OF KIN HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AND RELEASE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AND ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THIS TOURNAMENT, ALL SPONSORING AGENCIES, SPONSORS, ADVERTISERS, AND IF APPLICABLE THE OWNERS AND LESSORS OF THE PREMISES USED TO CONDUCT THE TOURNAMENT AND ANY TOURNAMENT EVENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY INCURRED BY THE PARTICIPANT OF ANY TYPE OR KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH OR RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASE OR OTHERWISE. FURTHER, ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS ALL RELEASES AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, DEMANDS, JUDGMENTS, COSTS, LOSSES AND EXPENSE INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES TO WHICH THE RELEASES MAY BE SUBJECT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS FOR ANY INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON OR PERSONS, INCLUDING THIRD PARTIES OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE AND INDEMNIFY ALL RELEASES FROM ANY AND ALL OF THE FOREGOING ARISING OUT OF THE PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGISTRATION AND DECISIONS ON ANY RULES OR SCORING IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT AND NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS TO ABIDE BY ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN THEIR AREA.