- January 25, 2018 (6 PM) – Captain’s Meeting: Buccaneer Yacht Club, 98 Lake Drive, Singer Island, FL 33404 (Registration/Calcutta Entry 4 to 6 PM)
- Fishing Days – January 26 & 27, 2018. (No Lay Day)
- Fishing Hours – Lines in 8:00 AM. Lines out 3:30 PM.
- Boundaries: From 27.30.00 latitude (Ft. Pierce Inlet area) to 26.02.00 latitude (Ft. Lauderdale Inlet area) and no further offshore than 072.50 longitude.
- Boats must leave and return through Lake Worth or Jupiter Inlets. You may depart no earlier than 6:30 AM and drop off catch logs and video catch verification to tournament staff at Sailfish Marina or Castaway Marina no later than 5:00 PM.
- Boats need fish only one day for tournament to be official.
- There is no weather committee. The determination to fish is at the discretion of the captain and crew, who assume all liability for their decisions.
- G.F.A. Rules apply except as follows.
- Only non-offset circle hooks and maximum manufacturer stated 20-lb. test line may be used.
- The length of the leader may not exceed 15 feet. The combined length of the double line and the leader may not exceed 20 feet.
- Live or dead baits may be used, but only one type of bait is permitted in the water at any one time.
- Chumming of any kind, including with live bait, is prohibited.
- No more than six rods are permitted in the water at any time. This includes rods being used to catch bait.
- Live Bait: No more than two kites maybe used and artificial or dead bait dredges or teasers are permitted.
Dead Bait: No more than two dredges maybe used and artificial or dead bait surface teasers and daisy chains are permitted.
- Live bait teasers are prohibited.
- Passing the rod after hookup (hook and hand) is permitted by a non-registered angler to a registered angler only once per fish. The pass must occur as close to immediately after hookup as possible and as soon as the line is tight.
- Video catch verification: A) Every boat must supply video evidence (SD cards) at the end of each fishing day upon check in, along with a tournament issued catch report.NO VIDEO = NO FISH. The video must match the date/time stamp on the correlating catch sheet for that day. Video must clearly capture the species of fish during the fight and the release of each fish. B) Angler fighting the fish must also be identified on video. Failure to qualify species and release of fish will result in disqualification of fish. C) Any question or concern regarding fish verification will be determined by the video/rules committee, alone. Polygraph tests will be distributed to the winning team in the event of a discrepancy.
- To qualify for points each release must be called in to the Tournament Committee including the boat number, type of bait and angler’s full name immediately by VHF radio or cell phone and it is acknowledged with an assigned catch number and official time of release. The time, catch number and angler’s full name must be entered for each release on the boat’s catch log. Hookups 15 minutes prior to the end of fishing must be called in for a release after lines out to qualify.
- A release is official when the leader is touched by the mate, the leader is wound inside the rod tip or the cork on a live bait rod touches the rod tip.
- Your entry into the Buccaneer Cup implies expressed approval that you and all anglers and crew members will submit to a polygraph test if requested by the rules committee. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. A certified polygraph examiner will be on site should such services be required.
Point Structure & Scoring
- Release points will be awarded as follows:
200 points for sailfish on live bait
300 point for sailfish on dead bait
400 points for marlin on either bait
- In case of a tie the winners will be determined by earliest release times.
- Protests must be submitted to the Rules Committee in writing accompanied by a nonrefundable $500 filing fee no later than 5:00 PM. In all cases the decision of the Rules Committee is final.
- Boats and anglers must comply with all state and federal fishing regulations and licensing requirements. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. All boats must carry appropriate liability insurance.
- All boats must be a minimum of 27 feet LOA. The final determination of a boat’s eligibility will be at the discretion of the Rules Committee.
$20,000 BUC CASH PRIZES
$10,000 for most points live bait
$10,000 for most points dead bait
Added Entry Levels
__ $5000 Most Points Overall (Winner Take All)
__ $3000 Most Points Overall (50/30/20 split)
__ $3000 Most Points Daily ($1500 per day 60/40 split)
__ $1500 Most Billfish Released (60/40 split)
Live Bait Categories
__ $2000 Most Points Live Bait Daily (60/40 split)
__ $2000 Most Points Live Bait Overall (Winner Take All)
Dead Bait Categories
__ $2000 Most Points Dead Bait Daily (60/40 split)
__ $2000 Most Points Dead Bait Overall (Winner Take All)
__ $250 Top Angler (Winner Take All)
__ $500 Biggest Meat Fish (Winner Take All)*
__ $500 Charity Donation (Most Points Wins Free Entry for 2019)
*Kingfish, dolphin, wahoo, tuna & cobia qualify **90% payout – 10% donated to charities
All participants, captains and crews in the Buccaneer Cup Sailfish Release Tournament enter at their own risk. Committee members and all other persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of the tournaments shall be exempt from any liability for loss, damage, negligence, harm or injury to any participant, boat captain, crew member, vessel and/or equipment, which may occur during the tournament.